Getting to Canberra
Planning on road tripping to Stage 88 with your mates? Here is all the info you need to get to Canberra!
Travel Times & Map
- Sydney to Canberra – Approx 3 Hours
- Wollongong to Canberra – Approx 3 Hours
- Batemans Bay to Canberra – Approx 2 Hours
- Wagga to Canberra – Approx 3 Hours
- Bega to Canberra - Approx 3 Hours
Transport to Canberra
- Murrays and Greyhound have regular services coming into Canberra from regional centers and capital cities.
- Countrylink have regular services coming into Canberra from regional centres and capital cities.
- Virgin Blue and QANTAS have regular services coming into Canberra from regional centres and capital cities. Experience the miracle of flight and a festival all in one day!
To and from the Airport
- Buses to the city - You can get the Airliner bus from the airport into the city and it by far the cheapest way of getting from the airport to the CBD.
- Taxi Airport - City - You can get a taxi from the airport for around $25 there is a taxi rank right outside the terimanl or you can call 132227.
We have put together a couple of preferred suppliers all within walking distance to the event site and the central bus station (Jollimont Centre). This is split into 3 categories:
The Diamant Hotel Canberra is a spectacular 80 room boutique hotel located just minutes from Canberra’s most popular attractionsincluding the AustralianWar Memorial, National Art Gallery and a short walk to Stage 88.
With both hotel rooms and apartments to choose from, all at great rates, make Diamant Hotel Canberra your number one choice for your trip to Canberra.
The Diamant Hotel is Kicks preffered accomodation in Canberra.
Around the city:
- Action buses - Get onto the ACTION website to plan your trip around the city. You will need get on bus 160 or 161 from the city interchange and get off at Questacon on King Edward Terrace to get to the event site.
- Canberra Cabs - Check out their website or give the a call on 132227.
What’s going on in Canberra
There is lots of stuff to do in and around Canberra. If you are into cafés, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, shopping and having a good ol' time, you have come to the right place. It is a bit like Melbourne, all the good stuff is a little bit hidden and you have to know where to look. This information may help….
Here are a few websites that have useful info on what is going on in and around town:
Or if you prefer working on recommendations here are a few of the event staff’s favorite joints to hang out around town most of them are within walking distance of the CBD
Cocktail / Lounge Bars:
- Hippo Bar - 17 Garema Place Canberra City
- Knightsbridge Penthouse - 1/34 Mort St Braddon ACT
- Tounge & Groove - Cnr Genge and Bunda St Canberra City
- Sub-Urban - Wooley St Dickson
- King O’Malleys - 131 City Walk Canberra City
- Honytonks - 5 Garema Place, Civic
- Academy Nightclub - Bunda St Canberra City
- Lonsdale Street Roasters - 3/7 Lonsdale Street Braddon (the best coffee in canberra)
- Gus' Cafe - Shop 8, Garema Arcade, Canberra City
- Milk & Honey - 29 Garema Place Canberra City
- Thirst (Thai Food) - 20 West Row City West
- Blu Ginger (Indian) - Genge St Canberra City
- Debacle (Pub With Good Food) - 30 Londsdale St Braddon
- Zambreros (Mexican – Cheap and good!) - Londsdale St Braddon
- Parliament Clothing - Canberra Centre, Canberra City
- I Trip I Skip - 30 Londsdale St Braddon
- Felt - Garema Arcade, Canberra City
- Landspeed Records - Garema Place Canberra City